Meeting at Intersection with our esteemed Advisory Board member, Mrs. Stamenka Uvalić-Trumbić, former long time Head of Higher Education at UNESCO.
Many thanks for the support and great ideas for future activities and projects!
Following her service as Secretary-General of the Association of Universities of Yugoslavia, Stamenka Uvalić-Trumbić began a 20-year career in UNESCO, leading its global work on higher education reform, innovation and quality assurance as Chief of Section for Higher Education. Her work has included in particular:
- the 1997 Lisbon Recognition Convention
- the impact of globalization on higher education
- the launch of the 2002 Global Forum on International Quality Assurance and the Recognition of Qualifications
- the 2005 UNESCO/OECD Guidelines on Quality Provision in Cross Border Higher Education
- the 2008 UNESCO-World Bank Global Initiative for Quality Assurance Capacity (GIQAC), the UNESCO Chairs and UNITWIN programmes
- the 2003-2011 UNESCO – Hewlett Packard (HP) partnership for the Brain Gain Initiative (BGI)
She was the Executive Secretary for the 2009 World Conference on Higher Education.
Mrs. Uvalić-Trumbić is now Senior Advisor for International Affairs to CHEA (Council for Higher Education Accreditation, USA) leading the activities of the CHEA International Quality Group, Education Master at the DeTao Masters Academy (China), Senior Advisor to Academic Partnerships (USA), consultant to UNESCO and member of the Advisory Board of INTERSECTION.